- Surgery performed by a surgeon professor,
- a consultation with a bariatric surgery specialist performing your surgery,
- a consultation with an anaesthetist,
- general anaesthetics,
- gastric band device,
- surgery fees,
- an overnight stay at the hospital under the care of a specialist nurse,
- a check-up before release from the hospital.
+ SPECIAL BONUS 12 MONTHS OF EMAIL FOLLOW-UPS
An additional night of hospital stay is 850 PLN / £157 / €185 and needs to be booked in advance. Based on how you feel, the doctor may decide you should stay at the hospital longer.
- required pre-op medical tests (blood tests, EKG, chest X-ray) recommended to be done before arrival – own arrangements required; possible to be done after arrival 2 days before surgery (cost around 300 PLN / £56 / €65),
- medication prescribed by the doctor, to be bought at a local pharmacy (cost around 500 PLN / £93 / €109),
- local transfers – obligatory to purchase for non-Polish speaking patients and for those coming over without a companion, recommended to all; includes transfers and assistance of an English-speaking resident; the basic price is 850 PLN / £157 / €185 per package (for one patient and one non-patient companion) and may be higher if some individual changes are made in the itinerary,
At admission to the hospital, you are required to have an abdominal binder (compression belt), special leg massager belt and compression stockings for after surgery with you. We recommend purchasing them prior to arrival as you need to take your own measurements in order to get the right size and also due to the possible language barrier at the pharmacy in Poland. Please note, we do not offer assistance in purchasing those items in Poland.
Depending on the coronavirus situation, there may be an additional requirement for patients to have proof of a negative rt-PCR Covid-19 swab test result (not older than 48 hours) – recommended to be done before arrival (own arrangements required). Alternatively, we can arrange for you to have it done after arrival 2 days before surgery (additional cost of around 500 PLN / £93 / €109 for the tests + additional transfers & assistance fees 150 PLN / £28 / €33 if required).